Follow these instructions to get some webspace - a place to put your web site on the internet!
- Make sure you are still connected to the Internet.
- Click on a blank part of this browser window.
- Hold down the Control (sometimes called Ctrl) key on your keyboard, and then press N. Let go of both keys at the same time.
- In the new window that appears, go to www.portland.co.uk
- You should see a page similar to this:
- From the menu on the right-hand side, click Hosting:
- On the new Web Hosting Packages page, click FREE Webhosting next to the first blue and yellow icon:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the new page, find the heading Select from the following options: and click on the bottom option:
- Think of a name for your web site for the first box. You can use letters, numbers and hyphens, -, but not spaces.
- Make sure that the second box says port5.com
- Type your entire e-mail address into the third box.
- Write all of these things down on a piece of paper, and click the Submit button.
- After a minute or two, the address of your webspace will appear on the screen, for example Fred's is fredswebsite.port5.com
- Write this down, then check your e-mail.
- You should have a new e-mail which tells you your new FTP username and password. Write these down as well, because they are very important. (If the e-mail hasn't arrived yet, wait for a few minutes and then check again).
- Close your e-mail.
You have now completed steps 1 and 2. Click here and carry on with the instructions.